A keyboard with a numeric keypad arrives at the image that you often have to deal with numbers and mathematical functions. While it's true that most new-age compact keyboards allow you to get the same job done via the number keys on top, a dedicated number pad makes the grind a bit bearable. Add wireless functionality to this setup and you've got a portable device without cables.
Most wireless keyboards have dual wireless connectivity in the form of Bluetooth pairing and 2.4 GHz wireless connection. This makes it easy to connect keyboards to desktop and laptop computers. The good news is that full numeric keypad keyboards can come in handy in a number of situations. There are also a good number of wireless gaming keyboards.
Read on to find our recommendations for wireless keyboards with a numeric keypad. But first,
1. Logitech MX Keys
- Perfectly Traced Keys: Spherical keys match the shape of your fingertips, delivering satisfying feedback with every touch.
- Comfort and stability – Type confidently on a keyboard designed for comfort, stability and precision
- Intelligent lighting: manual proximity detection and automatic backlighting.
- CROSS-COMPUTER flow control – Write to multiple computers in one smooth workflow
- Multi-device and multi-purpose: compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS and Android systems.
Logitech MX Keys is right for you if you want a low-profile yet high-performance keyboard. You get a sleek, slim look on the table. This keyboard comes with membrane keys.
The backlit keys ensure that you can keep typing even in dark or low-light environments without a problem.
It has dual connectivity options. Besides Bluetooth, you can also connect it via the USB-A dongle included in the box. Battery life is pretty good, with MX Keys offering an average of 10 days of battery life with the backlight on.
The bottom line is that if you're looking for an office-oriented keyboard and don't want to empty your pockets, this should fit your needs well.
2. Keychron K4 wireless mechanical keyboard (version 2)
- 75% layout (84 keys) RGB backlit compact mechanical Bluetooth keyboard. The ultimate tenkeyless keyboard that holds the shortcut and arrow keys. Aluminium frame.
- Connect with up to 3 devices via Bluetooth 5.1 and switch between them easily. With a high-reliability Broadcom Bluetooth chipset and wide compatibility, the K2 is best suited for home, office, and light gaming use while connecting with your smartphone, laptop, and iPad. It also has wired mode with USB Type-C connection.
- With a unique Mac design, K2 has all the necessary Mac function keys, while being compatible with Windows. Additional keys for Windows and Mac operating systems.
- K2 can last up to 72 hours of typing, or up to 7 days of normal use (count 8 hours per day) with a large 4000 mAh battery, which is one of the largest in mechanical keyboard. N-key rollover (NKRO) in wired mode or 6KRO in wireless mode.
- Lovely RGB backlighting with stylish key captions that help typing in the decades-old environment, you can also choose another static color backlight mode. Durable Gateron mechanical switch with a lifespan of 50 million keystrokes, providing unmatched tactile response on the linear red switch.
The Keychron K4 is different from other conventional keyboards with a numeric keypad. It is 96% smaller than conventional keyboards, making it suitable for small desktop environments. It is a mechanical keyboard and you can choose from the available Gateron switches. The ones with red switches are quiet, making them perfect for typing without major distractions.
The K4 V2 is a wireless keyboard at its core and supports Bluetooth connectivity. It is one of the few wireless keyboards that works with Apple MacBooks out of the box. There is no need for special settings, and that is a great advantage. At the same time, the company ships a braided USB-C cable that you can connect to the keyboard if the battery runs out (or to charge).
Apart from the above, this wireless mechanical keyboard includes various extras such as RGB lighting and hot-swappable keys that will allow you to customize the layout of your keyboard according to your preferences.
However, keep in mind that it may take a little time to get used to the new design. This is especially true if you are used to a normal full-size keyboard.
3. Satechi Aluminum Bluetooth Keyboard
- EXTENDED BLUETOOTH KEYBOARD – upgrade your existing Mac keyboard to a stylish wireless keyboard with a full numeric keypad, Bluetooth connection, and responsive scissor keys
- 3 DEVICE WIRELESS SYNCHRONIZATION – connect up to 3 Bluetooth devices at the same time and use the Bluetooth keys to switch between your smartphone, tablet or laptop
- INTUITIVE HOTKEYS – equipped with convenient shortcut function keys, specifically designed for Mac devices to change applications, search, take screenshots, copy / paste and more
- RECHARGEABLE USB-C PORT – includes a built-in, rechargeable USB-C port for long battery life of up to 80 hours of uninterrupted working time between charges
- COMPATIBILITY – iMac Pro / iMac, 2019/2018 Mac Mini, 2020/2019/2018 MacBook Pro, 2020/2018 MacBook Air, MacBook, 2019 iPad, 2020/2018 iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max / 11 Pro
If you are somehow dissatisfied with the narrow design of the Apple Magic keyboard, you can take a look at Satechi's. It features an aluminum exterior that matches well with the slate gray variant of the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. At the same time, it has an understated look and offers a comfortable typing experience.
This keyboard is designed for Mac users and you will find similar shortcuts. Like the Magic keyboard, the keys are low-profile. To add more, the keys are recessed and keep your fingers in place as you type. This is a small design change, but it is useful in the long run.
It can connect to three devices via Bluetooth and has dedicated buttons for switching between connected devices. However, switching between devices may not be as smooth as you might expect.
Battery life is decent for the price. You'll get around 80 hours of battery life on a single charge. And just like its previous counterpart, this one also comes with a USB-C port for charging.
4. Razer Pro Type
- Razer Orange Mechanical Switches: Enjoy responsive, tactile typing with keys that require less pressure when pressed and produce less noise, so you don't disturb others while they work
- Ergonomic design with soft-touch finish: This minimalist and slim keyboard is extremely comfortable to use and features keys with a soft-touch, fingerprint-resistant coating; for a premium, cushioned feel that makes you want to type
- Fully programmable keys with macro recording: Customize your keyboard to suit the style that suits you best; Reassign keys, record macros, assign secondary functions, and create personal shortcuts to help you streamline your work process
- Bluetooth and wireless connectivity of up to 4 devices: Pair the keyboard with up to 4 devices and switch between desktop PC, laptop, Android tablet or TV screen with a single click, without the constant need to pair and unpair
- White LED backlit keys: Adjust the brightness of the keyboard illumination so you can type and work in any situation no matter how dark it is
If you spend hours writing, the Razer Pro Type is the one for you. This one is designed for extended use, all thanks to its quiet and comfortable keys. Keys are a typing dream. Like the previous one, you can switch between three wireless devices. The good news is that it also comes equipped with a 2.4Ghz connection for a lag-free experience.
Despite being a full keyboard, the Pro Type has an attractive design and brings some quirks from the gaming world, such as backlighting. The lighting is dim and not as strong as some gaming keyboards, making it suitable for office use. In addition, you also have the option to disable the lights.
Unlike the Satechi and KeyChron keyboards, the Razer Pro Type doesn't have many customization options for macOS users, and it lacks dedicated software.
If you want a great typing experience and don't mind spending a few bucks, this is the one for you.
5. Logitech Craft
- The Control You Need, At The Right Time: Logitech Craft wireless keyboard with jog dial provides one-touch access to contextual functions
- Full Creative Control: Use the crown for more intuitive creative processes, change brightness in Photoshop, adjust stroke width in Illustrator
- Tap, Tap and Spin: Speed up access to slide templates in PowerPoint and selection of font size and color values in Word
- Smart Lighting: Logitech Craft keyboard with smart lighting, backlit keys turn on when hands are detected
- Write with Precision without Effort: Premium keyboard made for efficiency, stability and precision; compatible for both Mac and Windows
If your primary goal is to be productive at work, look no further than the Logitech Craft Wireless Keyboard. This is a premium wireless keyboard and it has a sleek and modern look, thanks to its rounded edges and low-profile look. The feature that sets it apart from the rest is the crown. The crown is a small metal knob and dial located in the upper left corner. This little knob works as a shortcut to various functions and applications and can be customized to your requirements.
The best part is that Crown's features are compatible with both Windows and macOS. Apart from that, Craft offers a comfortable typing experience. The keys are sensitive and tactile. And well, the keys are backlit too.
It goes without saying that the Logitech Craft also comes with dual connectivity in the form of Bluetooth and 2.4GHz wireless connectivity. Logitech claims that the battery lasts for about a week with the backlight on.
Although it is not perfect. The Craft weighs nearly 2 pounds and can be tricky to transport regularly.
6. Logitech G915 Lightspeed
- LIGHTSPEED wireless technology: This professional wireless solution offers super-fast performance with a response speed of 1 ms; Get a clean, cable-free aesthetic
- RGB LIGHTSYNC: RGB lighting on the keyboard syncs with any content; Customize each key or create custom animations from ~ 16.8 million colors with Logitech G HUB software
- Low Profile Mechanical Switches: The speed, precision and performance of a half height mechanical switch; There are three options: GL Tactile, GL Linear or GL with perceptible click; Tactile GL switch produces a clear bulge at the actuation point
- Compact TKL layout: A layout without a numeric keypad leaves more room for mouse movement; Storage space for the USB receiver on the back of the keyboard for easy portability
- Premium AL-MG Construction: Beautifully crafted, the G915 uses aircraft grade aluminum alloy to deliver an incredibly thin, yet stiff and durable design
If you are a gamer and want a wireless keyboard that you can use for your work and gaming, then the Logitech G915 Lightspeed keyboard is a good choice. Again, this is a premium gaming mechanical keyboard and it packs a number of nifty features. For example, it is ergonomically designed and has dedicated macro switches. And well, it has a premium look and is not as loud as other gaming peripherals.
Uses internal GL switches. The keys are tactile and emit a subtle thump when pressed. The keys are low-profile (not as low as the keys on the Apple Magic Keyboard) and have a shorter travel time. And this paves the way for faster typing.
Other than that, the macro keys on the side mean that you can customize the buttons to your gaming requirements. And the clever placement on the left means you can easily switch to the function of your choice with a single press.
At 12 days, the battery life is decent. Naturally, it will last longer when the lights are off. Connects via Bluetooth and wireless USB dongle.
To numeric keypad or not to numeric keypad
In addition to the above Logitech G915 Lightspeed, you can also take a look at the Razer BlackWidow V3 Pro mechanical keyboard. This one has the added benefit of a wrist rest, which translates to long gaming / typing sessions without much discomfort.
- Razer HyperSpeed Wireless Technology: Choose the perfect wireless performance for gaming or connect up to 3 devices via Bluetooth and seamlessly switch between options with just one key. Includes a detachable USB-C cable for charging during use.
- Razer Yellow Mechanical Switches: These switches produce extremely smooth typing thanks to sound dampers that further reduce its quiet profile, and are combined with full-height keys to not compromise the typing experience.
- Clear Case Switch: Its fully transparent design shows the true luminosity that Razer Chroma RGB is capable of: from bright light customizations to greater immersion, thanks to its dynamic reaction to more than 150 embedded games.
- Multifunction digital dial and 4 multimedia keys: Set them to pause, play, skip and retouch everything from brightness to volume – the ultimate convenience for you to enjoy your entertainment.
- Double Injection ABS Keys: Thanks to the double injection molding process to ensure that labels do not wear off, the keys also feature extra thick walls capable of withstanding constant use.
The BlackWidow V3 Pro is a gaming keyboard at its core. It includes several cool features such as customizable RGB lighting, a dedicated volume button, individual key customization, and volume key remapping.
The entry The 6 best wireless keyboards with numeric keypad was first published in TecnoTuto .