One of the most efficient ways to make more room on your work desk is to get a monitor arm. In addition to the extra space, you also have the advantage of adjusting the screen to your preference. However, all space management is lost if you have cables and wires spread out under the monitor. Fortunately, there are quite a few monitor arms that have built-in cable management.
These monitor arms allow you to route power cables and display cables through the arms. This way, cables are out of the way, thus increasing the aesthetics of your desk. More importantly, these monitor arms add more flexibility to your screen. So whether you want to tilt the screen or adjust the height, you can easily do it.
So if you're in the market looking for some quality monitor arms with built-in cable management, these are our top recommendations. But before that,
1. Ergotron – LX Desk Stand
- Monitor size : Up to 34 inches
- Monitor weight : Up to 25 pounds
- Wide range of adjustment for individual work style, well-being and productivity: ergonomic design that allows height adjustment up to 33 cm and relieves the eyes, neck and back.
- Great flexibility and easy collaboration: with 75 ° tilt, 360 ° swivel, 360 ° swivel, and monitor range of up to 64 cm.
- Simple positioning of your monitor using patented Constant Force technology: Unlike conventional gas springs, individual adjustment with CF technology is child's play.
- Designed, high-quality and high-quality materials: ideal for use in the office, in the home office, for gamers, on counters, at the reception and in the industrial environment.
- Quick and easy assembly: includes extension, 4 quick-release screws and table clamp with 3 adjustment positions for different boards 1 – 6 cm thick.
The Ergotron LX Monitor Mount is a stylish solution for hiding cable clutter and increasing your desk space. The highlight of this mount is that it can be brought closer to the wall, increasing the distance between the eye and the screen. Also, the fact that you can choose between two posts with different heights is the added bonus. The latter means that you have ample room for maneuver to adjust the height of the screen.
At the same time, the Ergotron LX is quite flexible and also allows you to place the monitor in a reading position. It works as intended and does not wobble or shake. While the cable management hub isn't one of the best in the world, they do the job of hiding the cables well.
It's a desktop stand and mounts via a C-clamp. Unfortunately, it's priced higher, but the good news is that it ranks well both in terms of looks and performance.
2. Fully Jarvis Monitor Arm
- Monitor size : Up to 32 inches
- Monitor weight : Up to 19.8 pounds
Another premium desktop monitor mount is the Jarvis Monitor Arm from Fully. This monitor arm has a sleek new look and offers a range of motion, including height adjustments of up to 50cm. The arms have space inside to place the cables. And according to one of the users, they could fit around 6-7 cables inside of them.
This monitor arm attaches to the table base using a clamp and does not wobble. As a result, it can support the weight of most standard-size monitors. At the same time, it gives you plenty of room for future updates. For the record, it can easily fit up to 32-inch monitors and support a weight of up to 19.8 pounds.
As we mentioned earlier, it offers a variety of movements, and the movements are smooth and easy.
3. Mount-It! Premium single monitor arm
- Monitor size : Up to 35 inches
- Monitor weight : Up to 33 pounds
The Mount-It! monitor brings the best of both worlds. It's not expensive like some of its previous counterparts, and at the same time it brings a lot of useful features to the table. This under $ 100 monitor arm is equipped with a gas spring arm, which translates into smooth and easy movements. Plus, it includes a duo of USB 3.0 and AUX ports for connecting peripherals. However, keep in mind that the USB ports may not be fast enough to charge your smartphone at full speed.
Compared to the previous one, the Mount-It! The monitor has a heavier ceiling and can support a weight of up to 33 pounds. So even if you have a heavy monitor or plan to upgrade to a wide monitor later, you can easily do so. In short, you have no problem holding your position. Also, unlike the previous one, it comes with a central post, which makes it easy to adjust the height.
While it may not be very attractive, it gets the job done and supports the weight of the monitor without sagging. It is fixed through the C-clamp and has a variety of movements. For one, you can adjust the height up to 22 inches.
However, note that it does not have a VESA mounting plate and instead includes VESA extensions to keep the screws in place.
4. Gas Spring Desktop Stand for Single Wali Monitor
- Monitor size : Up to 35 inches
- Monitor weight : Up to 33 pounds
Another affordable but stylish monitor stand is from Wali. This is a heavy duty monitor and can support the weight of most monitors up to 33 pounds without sagging, and has been verified by multiple users. Despite the low price, it has built-in channels for cable management. As long as you have medium thickness cables, they can be routed through the arm, thus paving the way for a neat and clean look.
It offers you a variety of movements, and the good thing is that you can adjust the tension of the arms according to your preferences. If you rarely move your arms, you simply need to tighten the screws, and that's it. The Wali monitor arm is back mounted on the desk and fixed by a C-clamp.
So far, it has garnered a decent amount of positive reviews from its user base, and people love it for its solidity, variety of movements, and of course, its value proposition for money.
5. Huanuo dual monitor support
- Monitor size : 17 to 27 inches
- Monitor weight : 14.3 pounds per arm
- Universal Monitor Arm – HUANUO – Gas Spring Monitor Brackets are suitable for dual 13-27 inch LED and LCD monitors (33-68.5cm diagonal distance) with 75x75mm and 100x100mm VESA mounting pattern. This monitor stand is also adapted to those monitors whose diagonals are smaller than the screen size specified in the description. Just make sure the VESA distance is within the support range and the weight of the load is
- Total Ergonomic Height Adjustment – With our gas spring arm, you can easily lift your monitor with one hand from the desk up to a maximum of 40 cm, you can also carry it horizontally up to a maximum of 47 cm (VESA plate on the foot mount), reducing effectively load the neck and back (if your desk is high enough, you can even use it when standing)
- 2 Mounting Options – This dual desktop monitor comes with a C-clamp and a grommet mounting kit. You can hold the display stand and hold your two monitors with the C-clamp (maximum table thickness 9.5 cm). If there is a hole (approx. 10mm) in your desk, you can choose to mount the washer (maximum table thickness 9.5cm), which creates more space on your desk and ensures that your workstation remains spacious and clean
- High Quality and Long Service Life – Compared to other dual monitor mounts, our monitor arms are equipped with gas springs instead of mechanical springs, which minimize vibration and noise to better meet users' needs. The upper gas spring has passed movement tests with 25,000 circles, ensuring trouble-free height adjustment for at least 5 years (with 10 settings per day)
- Easy Assembly – Our product includes all the necessary accessories and an instruction manual in English. CAUTION: The gas spring is under low pressure in original condition. To support the weight of your monitor (load capacity of each arm: 2-6.5KG), the user must press the arm to a horizontal position and adjust its tension to keep the monitor stable.
The Huanuo Monitor Mount is the one for you if you have dual monitors to mount. It's a sleek looking arm and brings the right look to the table. While the arms may not be as sleek as some of their previous counterparts, the good news is that they offer excellent range of motion. Although they don't look bad, they are a bit "sporty" for an office setting. However, it makes up for it with its performance – you can rotate the screen to portrait levels or pull the screen down to eye level.
At the same time, the movements are quite smooth and have been endorsed by several users. It has been well received by its user base, thanks to its solid build and price range. And as with most monitor mounts, you can adjust the tension on each joint by tightening the screws.
It has a couple of panels to hide cables and wires when it comes to cable management. While it is a one-time thing, some users have noted that removing the panels is not one of the simplest operations.
Please note that this monitor stand tends to wobble a bit if the table falls on the lighter side.
6. Vivo height adjustable monitor arm
- Monitor size : Up to 27 inches
- Monitor weight : Up to 14.3 pounds
The Vivo height adjustable monitor arm is a good choice if you don't want to spend a lot on your monitor accessories. This one gives you the best bang for your buck. For less than $ 50, you get a sleek, modern look and comfortable viewing angles. Plus, it's durable and sturdy, and as long as your monitor is within the weight limit, you most likely won't experience any sagging or wobbling.
The cables are hidden from view by a series of panels that extend above the arms. So all you need to do is run the power and HDMI cables through them and screw the top back on.
You get two installation options: C-clamp and grommet. Again, it is a popular product on Amazon and is praised by users for its durability and easy installation process.
Hide them all
Hiding all cables and wires takes precision and a lot of sweat. But at the end of the day, it brings a certain level of satisfaction to hide and save every last bit of wire. In addition to the monitor arms, you can also look at the cable organizers and accessory bracket to give your overall setup a clean look.
The entry The 6 best monitor arms with built-in cable management was first published in TecnoTuto .