Two displays can be useful in various situations, especially in business environments. Whether you're working on spreadsheets, comparing code, or working on multiple files, a dual monitor setup can speed things up. This is why it makes sense to have an additional monitor to keep certain programs and applications open in full screen while working on documents or reports in the other.
Monitors available today have slim bezels to give you an immersive, edge-to-edge viewing experience. That works well when you put two monitors next to each other, the middle bezels won't interrupt the flow.
What improves the deal is that some commercial monitors come with VESA holes on the back for mounting the monitors. As you may already know, a monitor stand means less cable clutter and more flexibility.
If you plan to upgrade your desktop with a dual monitor setup, here are our recommendations for the best business monitors. But before that,
1. Acer CB242Y Zero Frame Monitor
- Resolution : 1920 x 1080 (IPS) | Size : 23.8 inch | Refresh rate: 75 Hz
- Ports: 1x HDMI, 1 x VGA
- VESA : Yes (100 × 100mm)
- CB242YBMIPRX IPS 1MS VGA HDMI DP
The Acer CB242Y is an affordable monitor that will allow you to easily create a multi-monitor setup without cutting a hole in your pocket. It is a standard 24-inch monitor with FHD resolution. This affordable business monitor has a frameless design that offers a near edge-to-edge display when two displays are paired side by side. Plus, you get a wide 178-degree viewing angle, which means you can work without edge distortion or fading.
For the price, you get decent image quality. The IPS panel offers rich and vibrant colors. Going by the numbers, it can display 72% of the NTSC color gamut. However, the feature that sets it apart from most commercial monitors is its support for a 75Hz refresh rate.
However, the low price means the company has cut corners. The connectivity options are on a smaller scale, and aside from the single HDMI 1.4 port and VGA port, there aren't many options.
Try to compensate for this feature with its ergonomic design. And the VESA holes on the back allow you to mount it on a monitor stand to free up space on your desk.
2. ViewSonic VA2256-MHD_H2 frameless monitor
- Resolution : 1920 x 1080 (IPS) | Size : 22 inches | Refresh rate: 60 Hz
- Ports: 1 x HDMI, 1 x VGA. 1 x 3.5mm audio
- VESA : Yes (100 x 100 mm)
Another affordable business monitor you can take a look at is the ViewSonic VA2256-MHD_H2 monitor. Unlike the others on this list, these monitors come in a pair. However, there is a small catch. These monitors are unsupported and you will have to mount them through a dual monitor mount. ViewSonic's VA2256-MHD_H2 monitor duo are simple FHD monitors with an IPS screen.
For the price (you get two screens for the price, remember?), The screen is pretty decent. Color accuracy is perfect, and wide viewing angles help you see the entire image without distortion or color shifting.
Connection wise, you get a pretty decent range. The company has equipped the monitors with DisplayPort and HDMI ports. And if you have an older PC, these Viewsonic displays also support VGA inputs.
3. Lenovo ThinkVision P32u-10 IPS Monitor
- Resolution : 3840 x 2160 (IPS) | Size : 32 inches | Refresh rate: 80 Hz
- Ports: 4 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 3.0, 2 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x DisplayPort 1.2, 2 x Thunderbolt 3.0, 1 x 3.5 mm Audio
- VESA : N / A
- We take care of your eyes thanks to Low Blue Light and Eye Comfort technology
- 32 "UHD monitor, IPS Panel with resolution 3840×2160 pixels and 3 borderless sides
- Adjust the tilt of the screen for a better view
- 2xHDMI, DP, Thunderbolt 3 and Thunderbolt 3 Out connectivity for cascading monitors
- Connect your USB devices directly to the monitor thanks to the 4 USB ports
If you're willing to go up the price ladder a bit, the Lenovo ThinkVision P32u-10 frameless IPS monitor is a good choice for a dual-monitor setup. In addition to the 'almost' frameless frame, you have in your hands a high-resolution 4K display known for delivering accurate colors. This ThinkVision monitor includes many cool features, and the Thunderbolt 3 connection is one of them.
It is the latter which makes it suitable for a dual monitor platform as it supports daisy chaining. If you must know, the daisy chain or (MST) feature allows you to connect two or more monitors via the monitor's display-out port (in this case, the Thunderbolt port) instead of connecting it to your computer. This arrangement makes it easier to configure dual monitor setups and also results in less cable clutter.
Other than that, ThinkVision P32u-10 offers excellent colors. As noted above, the colors are rich and accurate. It boasts of covering 99.5% of the Adobe RGB color space. Wide viewing angles further accompany the vibrant display. So even if you have two monitors side by side, you will get an immersive display.
It has excellent flexibility and the bracket allows you to rotate, swivel, or adjust the height.
4. HP E24d G4 Monitor
- Resolution : 1920 x 1080 (IPS) | Size : 23.8 inch | Refresh rate: 60 Hz
- Ports : 1 x DisplayPort 1.2, 1 x HDMI 1.4, 1 x USB Type-C
- VESA : Yes (100 x 100 mm)
- View your documents and spreadsheets, and work with multiple applications side by side on a Full HD IPS monitor
- 24-inch diagonal model with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- View the monitor comfortably from almost anywhere with 178 ° viewing angles
- Quickly connect your additional devices and monitors via HDMI, DisplayPort and VGA connectors
- View your monitor in the position you prefer thanks to tilt adjustments: 100mm height adjustment and 90 ° rotation
HP E24d G4 Monitor may not have 4K resolution like above. It provides an interesting set of connection ports, making it a suitable choice for a multi-monitor setup. For example, the DisplayPort connection allows you to daisy-chain two or more monitors. This ensures that you have fewer cables to deal with. Second, there is the option of a KVM switch. With this switch, you can connect the monitor to two CPUs and seamlessly switch between the two systems.
The HP E24d G4 is a USB-C monitor (check out Top 5 Inexpensive USB-C Monitors) and delivers up to 100W of power to compatible laptops. The E24d G4 may not have the color accuracy of the previous Lenovo laptop, but it covers around 72% of the NTSC color space.
It also sits well from an ergonomic point of view. For example, the stand allows you to tilt and turn the monitor and adjust the height for your convenience. And if you want, you can also fully turn it to portrait mode. Also, the VESA holes (100mm) on the back ensure that you can hold it on a monitor stand without any problem.
Long story short, if your job doesn't involve color-critical work, the exciting array of features and somewhat reasonable price (and good looks) make the HP E24d G4 Monitor worth considering.
5. BenQ PD3200U 4K UHD Monitor
- Resolution : 3840 x 2160 (IPS) | Size : 32 inches | Refresh rate: 60 Hz
- Ports: 2 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x DisplayPort 1.2, 1 x MiniDisplayPort 1.2, 5 x USB ports, 1 x Card reader
- Vesa : Yes
- 100% Rec.709 and sRGB color space with IPS panel: Brilliant colors and wide viewing angle
- DualView function divides the screen into two windows allowing different display modes in each of them, such as sRGB mode and Darkroom mode without the need to use two screens
- The three Darkroom modes; CAD / CAM and Animation allow precise design
- KVM switch (keyboard, video, mouse): Displays content from two PC systems with a single keyboard and mouse set
- Eye-Care Technology with Low Blue Light and Flicker-free reduces eye discomfort
If you are looking for a 4K monitor for extended use, the BenQ PD3200U monitor will best suit your needs. For one thing, this rugged monitor has a solid build that is designed to withstand the test of time. Second, it includes a flawless display that delivers accurate colors.
We believe the BenQ monitor is one of the few factory calibrated options for color. Like the previous one, it has enough connectivity options. There is a built-in KVM switch that allows you to connect and work on two computers. The best part is that it was not necessary to connect a secondary mouse or keyboard. Besides that, it also comes with a USB reader.
However, the BenQ PD3200U monitor is not perfect. Compared to the other monitors on this list, the bezels here are a bit thicker. And you may not get an edge-to-edge display in a multi-monitor setup. Plus, it weighs almost 30 pounds.
However, it offers an excellent value for money proposition in case you are considering long-term investments. Extensive connectivity options and features ensure the monitor is future proof and will easily survive another PC upgrade.
6. Dell UaSharp U2720Q 4K UHD Monitor
- Resolution : | Size : 23.8 inch | Refresh rate: 60 Hz
- Ports: 1 x DisplayPort 1.4, 1 x HDMI 2.0, 2 x USB Type-C, 2 x USB-A, 1 x 3.5mm Audio
- Vesa : Yes (100 × 100mm)
Last but not least, we have the Dell UaSharp U2720Q 4K monitor. This meets all the requirements. It has a crisp and sharp display panel. This 4K monitor offers a variety of connectivity ports. The display offers a 16: 9 aspect ratio and makes it convenient to work with multiple windows at the same time.
It has an ergonomic design. In fact, the monitor can be used to switch between 5.1 inches in height, allowing you to adjust the view according to your preferences.
Once again, the display is rich and vibrant, courtesy of the 4K IPS panel. It is accurate to Delta-E <2 and can display 99% of the sRGB color gamut, making it ideal for color sensitive jobs.
More importantly, the minimal InfinityEdge bezel gives you an edge-to-edge display. Like its previous counterpart, you can connect your USB-C laptop to the monitor directly and take full advantage of USB-C power delivery (up to 90W of power).
In addition to the monitors above, you can also check out the Asus ProArt PA34VC monitor. This is a 100Hz curved monitor that features WQHD resolution and a wide range of input connections.
- 34.1-inch IPSUWQHD1900R display with a frameless design
- Covers the entire sRGB color spectrum and is factory calibrated with excellent color accuracy
- HDR-10 (High Dynamic Range, HDR) support
- USB-C Thunderbolt 3 provides 40 Gbps data transfers and up to 60 W power delivery for external devices
- Advanced settings for ASUS ProArt Calibration technology include an internal 14-bit table (LUT), uniformity compensation, and the ability to record color profiles on the monitor.
However, the Asus ProArt PA34VC monitor is a premium monitor and it is expensive. But if you want flawless performance along with excellent color accuracy, ProArt PA34VC is definitely worth considering.
The entry The 6 best commercial monitors for the configuration of two monitors was first published in TecnoTuto .