Running Fiz confident of keeping sales pace in fall

Admin

running-fiz-vitoria-bis

The Running Fiz store in Vitoria has a built area of ​​212 square metres, of which 180 square meters are intended for the exhibition of specialized products for the practice of athletics and for walking.

(23-8-2022). Despite the economic fluctuations with which 2022 progresses, Running Fiz has managed so far this year to match the income levels of 2021, when billing grew by 15% compared to the previous year. In the ensign they trust that the good positive trajectory will last despite the bad omens.

The manager of the Running Fiz store in Vitoria, Marc Hurtado, is confident that sales of running products will continue next autumn, in the face of alarmist forecasts about the economic situation.

Hurtado recalls that sport in general, and specifically running, has successfully weathered previous economic crises, maintaining demand and even growing on some occasions.

The retailer accepts that we are in moments of great uncertainty but, given the forecasts of falling consumption, he hopes that runners will continue to play sports. In addition, he anticipates that new fans will continue to join sports practice. With all this, “we hope that sales will continue in the fall,” he says.

good summer sales

In fact, the manager points out that the current summer is advancing in sales better than last year. Hurtado states that August is no longer a month in which cities are stopped, but rather that people are increasingly dividing their vacations into different time periods.

Thus, the traffic in the Running Fiz establishment has remained stable throughout the summer. Sales have borne fruit both in discounted products and in novelties without discount: “the fan is coming to renew his material and if he does not find an offer, he buys novelties”, emphasizes Hurtado.

The leading shoe sales

“Runners have already assumed the importance of investing in footwear, but in textiles it costs much more,” says Hurtado. Thus, 75% of turnover comes from the sale of shoes, while the remaining 25% is divided between textiles and accessories. In this last section, socks and nutrition are the most demanded products.

The retailer assures that for Running Fiz the asphalt continues to be the strongest specialty, but more and more people, especially in summer, take the opportunity to do trail running, a modality that progressively gains more weight.

As for brands, Hurtado highlights Brooks, for asphalt, and Merrel, for outdoor, as the ones that work best in the establishment. However, he adds that Hoka continues to rise and is becoming a major brand within the store. On the other hand, after having recently incorporated Altra, Hurtado announces that they will soon have the new banner NNormal, a trail running and hiking brand promoted by Kilian Jornet together with Camper.

Sell ​​in conservative

Based on how the demand progresses during this year 2022, Running Fiz has placed conservative orders in the schedules for both the next fall-winter and spring-summer 2023. “We have made purchase forecasts to match the numbers of 2021, which was a good year and that we are currently maintaining”, says Hurtado.

The retailer adds that “we always prefer to program what we know we are going to sell and, if sales grow, resort to replenishment, even though there may be fewer color or size options.”


Next Post

Justice releases payment of R$ 25 billion in precatories; see if your name is on the list

The Federal Justice Council (CJF) released, this Monday (22), just over R$ 25 billion for payments of precatories. 196,019 people will benefit from a total of 115,392 cases. The action already concluded is entitled to a precatory, with payment defined by the Justice and with arrears above 60 minimum wages. […]
Justice releases payment of R$ 25 billion in precatories;  see if your name is on the list