Bluetooth speakers are one of the most versatile devices out there. These wireless speakers are portable and pack a ton of features too. For example, some of the Bluetooth speakers are waterproof, while others offer loud sound for party use. The best part is that some of these Bluetooth speakers have built-in microphones so you can carry on your phone conversations without unplugging your phone.
Until a few years ago, wireless Bluetooth speakers with microphones were a common sight. However, now things have changed and some of the manufacturers have stopped adding this nifty feature. If you look around, new releases like the JBL Flip 5 or UE Wonderboom don't have a built-in mic.
Fortunately, there are still some Bluetooth speakers that come with built-in microphones. These microphones pick up your voice well so you can make your phone calls on occasion. But before that,
1. Bang & Olufsen Beosound A1 2nd generation
- POWERFUL SOUND – Enjoy Bang & Olufsen Signature Sound without stopping your beat with 2×140 watts peak power in a sleek little speaker.
- WATERPROOF SPEAKER – Share your soundtrack with a durable, lightweight speaker designed for life on the road, at home, or by the pool.
- LONGER PLAY TIME: Improved battery for 18 hours of music and calls at high volumes and longer at low volumes.
- STYLISH BUT STRONG: Designed for travel, the aluminum dome resists dust and water and forms a elegantly integrated portable speaker.
- ALEXA SPEAKER: An intuitive user interface combined with built-in voice control and Amazon's Alexa means having everything under control.
The Bang & Olufsen Beosound A1 wireless speaker proves to be the perfect choice if you want a lot of nifty features in a small package. It is a small device shaped like a hockey puck, which makes it portable. At the same time, the aluminum chassis provides a premium look. Most importantly, the Beosound A1 sounds great and you can get nuanced audio with deep, rich bass.
The Beosound A1 also has other tricks up its sleeve. For example, it has a water resistance rating of IP67, has a decent battery life of around 18 hours, and is compatible with Qualcomm's aptX Adaptive Bluetooth codec. However, the feature that separates it from its peers is its support for Amazon Alexa.
Thanks to the Alexa integration, you get a variety of 3 microphones. These ensure that the speaker can hear your commands even when playing songs or podcasts. In addition, the three-microphone array transmits clear conversations through the microphone. The noise isolation of the microphone is perfect and ensures that it transmits minimal noise. Some users have also used it for online Zoom calls and meetings and have had good experiences so far.
The Bang & Olufsen Beosound A1 speaker offers decent battery life and USB-C charging. The battery drops to about 90% after 6 hours of use after being connected to a Windows PC.
If you want a speaker that transmits quality audio and also allows you to make audio and video calls with ease, then this is a worthy pick. However, keep in mind that the control buttons, located around the bottom edge, can be a bit difficult to see and touch.
2. Jabra Speak 710 MS
- Immersive sound for calls and music
- Intuitive plug and play connectivity
- Exclusive portable design
- Coverage in rooms for up to 6 people
If having phone conversations and online meetings is your top priority, you can look to the Jabra Speak 710. This is a premium speaker with an omni-directional microphone that can pick up sound without problems while canceling background noise for broadcasting. clear voice.
Like the one above, the Speak 710 is small, which makes it portable. In addition, the speaker has a small bracket on the back that allows you to tilt it towards you during calls and video conferences. At the same time, it offers a clear voice thanks to the built-in HD Voice function. This Bluetooth speaker comes with a dedicated dongle in case you want to connect it to your computer.
It also offers surround audio for music. However, while it presents a premium look, it does not seem as modern as your mainstream Bluetooth speakers, such as the Sony SRS-XB12 or the new JBL Go 3.
That said, you do get a pretty good battery life of 8 hours. So if you want a business-grade Bluetooth speaker with a mic and don't want to compromise on quality, it's the perfect choice.
3. Sony SRS-XB23 Wireless Portable Speaker
- Powerful sound experience, bass depth and intensity, and vocal clarity
- Portable speaker resistant to water, dust, rust (IP67), salt water and shocks (up to 1.2 m) with up to 12h of battery
- Make your party even bigger, connect up to 100 compatible wireless speakers or go stereo pair
- Control your party speaker with your smartphone via the Fiestable and Sony apps or Music Center
- The SRS-XB23 is compact, light and easy to carry, and with its included strap you can take it with you anywhere
The Sony SRS-XB23 Bluetooth speaker has many nifty features, such as Bluetooth 5.0 and Sony's proprietary Bluetooth codec LDAC. That said, this is a conventional Bluetooth speaker, which means you can listen to your favorite songs in all their glory. And staying true to its motto, it delivers rich bass audio.
One of the first things that will catch your eye is its new design. The SRS-XB23 has two passive radiators on the top and bottom. Plus, the IP67 water resistance rating means you don't have to worry about damage from water and dust.
But, this speaker is for entertainment purposes only. You can take an occasional call or meeting with this. However, it is not designed for serious office use. The lack of dedicated voice-enhancing technology means you won't get the same clarity as the Jabra Speak 710. However, it gets the job done, and that's it.
The battery life is decent. On a full charge (and listening at a moderate volume) you will get around 12 hours of playtime.
4. eMeet Moon
- 【High Compatibility】 The eMeet Luna conference speaker can be connected to different computers, smartphones and laptops via Bluetooth / USB / dongle / additional devices. The speaker is compatible with Windows 10/8/7 / Vista / XP, Mac OS and other systems, as well as Zoom, Skype, Skype for Business and other software. In addition, Bluetooth hands-free supports important Skype calls for business answers: mute / answer and end.
- 360 ° recording, daisy chain: conference speaker with 3 microphones, 360 ° pick-up. High-quality speakers and microphones for excellent call quality. And it is very suitable for small remote meetings for 5-10 people. In addition, this speaker can be combined with other eMeet handsfree (except M1) (requires cascade cable). The two are used together in a large conference room, perfect for 8 to 15 people.
- 【VoiceIA noise cancellation, Smart echo compensation】 eMeet conference speaker with VoiceIA noise cancellation algorithm. After activating one-click smart noise reduction, you can enjoy all the noise that appears in the office like air conditioning, keyboard noise. Automatically increase voice. Note: After turning on the noise canceling mode, call 1.5 meters to get a good sound recording effect.
- Full-duplex call, voice tracking: eMeet speaker uses the voice algorithm, both parties can speak freely to achieve full duplex, without interrupting as you like and create a true sense of personal communication. Bluetooth hands-free can automatically detect the position of the speaker, record the talker's voice accurately.
- 【Lightweight and portable, extremely long standby time】 The size of the Bluetooth conference speaker is like a palm and the weight is less than 300g. Very small and portable, it can be carried everywhere. The hands-free can work for 15 hours continuously, it can meet the needs of daily work. Even when you're away from home, you can safely hold meetings and listen to music. High-value metal housing.
The eMeet Luna is a speaker designed for the home office for those looking for a dedicated speaker for calls and meetings. Like the Jabra speaker, the eMeet Luna has a 3-microphone array and can pick up voice and sound from all sides. This one also does a good job of picking up the voice from a short distance.
This is possible thanks to the built-in technology, which cancels the noises and hums of fans and printers. At the same time, it projects clear sound without noise.
When it comes to connection, you have a versatile setup. In addition to the Bluetooth connection, it allows you to connect via a USB-C key and an AUX connection. Plus, you can daisy chain other eMeet speakers as well if the need arises.
However, when listening to songs or watching videos, you may not get the same quality. This is partly due to technology that highlights the voice during calls and suppresses the bass and treble of songs. So yeah, you may be watching music without bass. That being said, if you want to take a break and want to listen to your favorite tracks, it is possible.
Lastly, the buttons are on the top, making all the controls easily accessible.
5. Tribit Stormbox Micro
The Tribit Stormbox Micro is the most affordable speaker on this list. It does a good job of delivering powerful, bass-heavy audio regardless of price and size. Also, this is a small pocket speaker, so it is very easy to transport. It weighs approximately 9.9 ounces.
As noted above, it delivers punchy audio. But as with certain speakers, the audio distorts a bit when the volume is turned up. But if you were to compare it to other similarly sized speakers, like JBL's Go line, the Stormbox Micro offers better audio.
The microphone is not the best on the market, especially if you compare it with the previous ones. However, for the price, it gets the job done.
Although it has USB-C charging, you will have to compromise on battery life. On a single charge, it lasts for about 8 hours at moderate volume.
Make your voice heard
Today, speakers with microphones are a rarity compared to a few years ago. However, some of them still allow you to use them for your calls and conferences effortlessly.
If you plan to use the microphone function frequently, it would be better to get dedicated speakers for office use, such as the Jabra Speak or eMeet Luna. They offer good noise cancellation and transmit a clear voice.
The entry5 best Bluetooth speakers with microphone was first published on TecnoTuto .