A lightweight gaming mouse brings several benefits to the table. Thanks to the lightweight nature, it is easier and more convenient to move these mice around the gaming platform. As well as enhancing pointer accuracy, the lightweight nature adds a touch of comfort to your gaming session.
Over the years, lightweight mice have made their mark in the gaming world and are not limited to just MOBA or esports games. Most of these mice have a honeycomb design on top (less material weight), which adds a touch of whimsy. Add a couple of features like RGB lights and programmable buttons to the mix, and you've got the perfect recipe for gaming.
Read on to find our recommendations for the best lightweight gaming mouse you can buy. And we will update this list from time to time. But before that,
1. FinalMouse Ualight 2 Cape Town
- Weight: 48 grams | Buttons: 6
- DPI: Up to 3200 dpi
FinalMouse's Ualight 2 Cape Town is a lightweight mouse and it's one for you if you're willing to spend on a gaming mouse. This weighs approximately 48 grams without the cord and is designed for claw and tip pliers. It is one of the few mice that has a honeycomb design and, yes, it does give it a unique look. It has a small footprint. However, if you want to add a little weight, you can glue the Infinity mask (a sticker) to the sides and top to give it a larger shape. It is a wired mouse and it comes with an orange braided cable.
The FinalMouse Ualight 2 Cape Town offers snappy performance with smooth but responsive buttons. The same can be said for the scroll wheel. Unlike its predecessor, the scroll wheel is raised and has a slight tactile feel. It goes without saying that both factors result in better scrolling.
It has an ambidextrous design, making it ideal for both left- and right-handed users. And the orange and cream color mix helps make it stand out from the rest. If you remember, most gaming mice are available in darker shades.
If we talk about numbers, the Ualight 2 Cape Town has a total of 6 buttons. Unfortunately, none of the buttons are programmable, limiting their functionality from the players' perspective. Omron switches used for left and right clicks are rated for 20 million clicks.
Interestingly, FinalMouse has a unique selling mechanism. If you want to buy directly from the company , you will only get one during a direct sale. You can either wait for one or get one from a third-party vendor, like the one mentioned above.
2. Logitech G Pro X Superlight
- Weight: ~ 62 grams | Buttons: 5
- DPI: Up to 25,000 dpi
- Made by and for professional gamers: Designed with the leading esports professionals; designed to win; the pursuit of the highest level of performance is our goal
- Lightweight Engineering: At less than 63 grams, with a minimalist redesign that achieves a weight reduction of nearly 25% compared to the standard PRO wireless mouse
- LIGHTSPEED Wireless: With professional-grade USB wireless performance, LIGHTSPEED provides a solid and fast connection with 1ms transmission speed and no cables
- HERO 25K Sensor: This Pro gaming mouse features the HERO sensor for precision, performance, and efficiency while gaming; exceeds 400 IPS and offers 25600 DPI tracking
- Smooth Glide: The large additive-free PTFE feet of this Logitech G gaming mouse offer a smooth glide for a pure and fluid connection during gaming
If a wireless gaming mouse is your thing, you should take a look at the Logitech G Pro X Superlight. Ditch the honeycomb design from the old mouse and instead bring a minimalist mouse into the lobby. It is equipped with Logitech's Hero sensor and can track up to 25,000 DPI. At the same time, it has impressive performance and can glide smoothly across the mouse pad. Also, this wireless mouse has low click latency.
It includes a total of five buttons, including two side buttons. The best part is that you can remap all the buttons using the proprietary G Hub software. The G Hub software allows for great customization. In addition to remapping buttons, you can configure and save profiles. Sadly, there is no dedicated button to change DPI levels.
Besides that, it doesn't have RGB lighting. And it tries to make up for it with its wireless charging feature. The G Pro X Superlight's battery can be recharged when the Logitech Powerplay Mat is attached . However, that is an additional cost.
3. SteelSeries Aerox 3
- Weight: 66g | Buttons: 6
- DPI: up to 18,000
- 57g lightweight design for fast, effortless play
- Extra mesh soft microfiber cable for less resistance
- Ptfe gliding skates for silky smooth mouse movements
- Optical gaming sensor truemove core
- Aquabarrier for water resistance and dust protection and much more
SteelSeries combines the best of the two previous mice in the Aerox 3. This wireless gaming mouse proudly sports elegant honeycomb perforations on the top. It weighs only 66 grams and is extremely light compared to other conventional mice. On top of that, it has all the features that make it a true gaming mouse. Of course, it includes RGB lights.
The ergonomic shape and lightweight design make it easy and convenient to play for long hours. Like a true gaming mouse, you can remap everything to the action you want through SteelSeries Engine 3 software. Scroll wheel up and down actions can also be customized.
Lastly, the SteelSeries TrueMove Air sensor is accurate and handles gaming without breaking a sweat. Note that SteelSeries Aerox 3 does not have an ambidextrous design.
4. Cooler Master MM720
- Weight: 50 grams | Buttons: 5
- DPI: Up to 16,000 dpi
- The master claw: cooler master mm720 possesses the award-winning design features of the previously popular mm710 and spawn in the recent lightweight, 49 gram, ergonomic professional gaming mouse with claw grip, right-handed users.
- Optimal precision: 16000dpi pixart pmw3389 optical sensor, 7 sensitivity settings, minimum lag and optimal tracking, 400 ips, 1000 Hz, 2 mm lift off, 50g acceleration, with additional mat-surface adjustment via masterplus +
- RGB lighting: wheel color effects and mouse structure can be determined using preset modes on the mouse wheel, on-the-fly, or through masterplus + software, pc only, customization includes macros and profiles
- 70 million click l / r buttons: the mm720 surpasses the mm710 with optimal internal structure, no loose buttons, and 70 million click optical switches built to be rugged, features ip58 dust and water resistance
- U-Slippery and Highly Sensitive: Employs smooth-gliding PTFE feet, elite standard low friction surfaces, and connects to pc / Mac via a 1.8m, drag-free, flexible, USB-to uaweave braided cable
Another lightweight gaming mouse is the Cooler Master MM720. The highlight of this mouse is its uneven design. It has an interesting wide footprint and, together with the honeycomb design, it clearly stands out from its competition. At 49 grams, it is also one of the lightest corded mice. Thanks to its odd shape, the Cooler Master MM720 may take a little getting used to.
It offers nimble performance for its price and proves to be a capable companion for casual gamers and FPS fans.
Almost all buttons on the Cooler Master MM720 are programmable. Interestingly, you can also modify the click action of the trackwheel. Cool right? And that's not the end of the story. Similar to keyboards, you can also program a secondary set of actions on the Cooler Master MM720. These actions can be accessed when you press a combination of the center button and the other buttons.
As light as a feather
If you want to test how a lightweight mouse works in the long run, but are afraid of spending a lot of money, you can also check out the Razer Viper Mini. The Viper Mini is affordable and offers excellent performance for its price. This wired mouse is known for its sensitive optical switches, and there are several positive reviews to back up this claim.
- A lightweight 61g ambidextrous design for smooth, effortless control
- Razer optical mouse switches for lightning-fast actuation
- Razer Speedflex cable for minimal resistance and fluid movements
- 8500 DPI optical sensor for precise tracking
- Powered by Razer Chroma RGB for a custom look
However, there are some limitations. For one, it can track up to 8,500 DPI. That said, it is a worthy mouse for those who prefer to hold one in their palms.
The entry 4 best lightweight gaming mice was first published on TecnoTuto .